Holston House debuts in Downtown Nashville, joining The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand
New 191-Room Property Transforms Downtown Nashville’s Luxury Hotel Scene with Three Destination-Inspired Dining Experiences, a Rooftop Pool and Bar and Art Deco Design
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (January 22, 2018) – HRI Lodging, LLC and Hyatt proudly unveil Holston House, located in the heart of downtown Nashville and the newest addition to The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, a group of unique, story-worthy stay experiences. The 191-room premier boutique hotel is located in an iconic 88-year-old Art Deco building just blocks from the Cumberland River, where the city of Nashville was born. Located next to many of Music City’s signature attractions, Holston House has an ideal location for modern travelers to discover Nashville’s vibrant streets and neighborhoods.
“We’re excited to open our doors to the great city of Nashville. Our new hotel embraces the city’s history and charm,” says Peter Tziahanas, general manager of Holston House. “The energy of Music City is palpable throughout the hotel, and we look forward to offering a personalized and authentically Nashville experience to our guests.”
Holston House occupies the historic 1920s-era James Robertson Hotel building, originally designed by Nashville-based architects, Marr & Holman, in 1929. The building has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984.
The new hotel, named after the Holston River and inspired by the adventurous spirit of Tennessee’s founding fathers, celebrates Nashville’s bold originality and spirited ingenuity. While preserving much of the building’s rich art-deco character, esteemed New York based design firm Stonehill Taylor reimagined the hotel, combining rugged modernism with authenticity through various décor elements such as classic overdyed rugs, leather accents, and wooden features. Evoking a timlesless sensibility and passion for all things well-crafted, the firm also makes nods to Nashville’s famous music industry and flair, through meticulous touches in the guest rooms and public spaces.
The hotel’s thoughtful accommodations and amenities include four plush one-bedroom suites, two signature 12th-floor Penthouse Suites, a fitness center, and a series of food and beverage offerings concepted by New York-based APICII restaurant group including a signature restaurant, spacious lobby bar and lounge, as well as a dynamic rooftop pool bar. From the carefully sourced decor to the locally inspired culinary and cocktail offerings, guests and locals alike are treated to the very best of Nashville at these new dining venues.
“With its rich history, iconic location near the Ryman Auditorium, and an aesthetic rooted in 1920s Art Deco design, Holston House is a great addition to The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand,” said George Vizer, global vice president, franchise operations, Hyatt. “We’re excited to introduce this brand to Nashville’s burgeoning hospitality scene and give guests the opportunity to create story-worthy moments and shareable experiences.”
About Holston House spaces:
Design by Stonehill Taylor
The hotel’s interior has been designed to complement the exterior’s art deco details and honor the buildings historic craftsmanship. To create a dynamic space that is both classic and decadent, richly crafted furniture and textures are layered with traditional forms using warm locally sourced materials to capture the rugged modernism of today’s Nashville.
Stonehill Taylor pulled from diverse, Nashville-based inspirations, such as the leather goods of 20th-century Italian designer Peter Nappi and the honest, raw sounds of musicians Jack White and the late Johnny Cash. The aspiration was to create an environment where such larger-than-life figures would feel at home by mastering a sense of decadence mixed with authenticity.
Holston House guestrooms, comprised of Executive King and Double Queens categories, feature a design of velvets and leathers used in a neutral palette with pops of blue and green throughout. Accents include cognac-hued leather headboards with metal detailing, oversized pendant lights, and hardwood floors covered with hand-loomed bamboo silk area rugs. Behind the headboard, the wall covering subtly mimics the visualization of sound waves. A black steel and wood wardrobe with integrated mirror is designed to create an efficient multifunctional piece to store valuables and clothes. Floor-to-ceiling brocade drapery creates a dramatic effect. Executive King rooms have a living room set-up featuring a velvet-backed sofa and table perfect for working and dining.
The hotel also offers four one-bedroom corner suites with a separate living room and powder room, and two large Penthouse Suites with terraces. The two exclusive Penthouse Suites can be connected, totaling an impressive 1,645 square feet including outdoor areas. When combined, the suites also grant access to The Bungalow, a private room opening to the rooftop pool deck, perfect for entertaining. The Bungalow features flexible seating areas, a minibar, television, folding glass windows and terrace.
All 191 guestrooms include complimentary high-speed internet access, a 50” 4K Ultra HD interactive television, a Keurig coffeemaker with complimentary coffee and tea, bathroom amenities from C.O. Bigelow, an in-room mini refrigerator, cozy bathrobes and more.
Restaurant and Bar Experiences
Holston House introduces three culinary and cocktail experiences – TENN, Bar TENN and TENN on Top – with concepts by New York-based APICII restaurant group. Each focuses on local flavor, regional produce and ingredients and the Southern hospitality for which Nashville is known.
• TENN – At its heart, Tenn is an American restaurant infused with Southern flavor and culinary tradition. Overseen by General Manager Kristopher Horton, Executive Chef Philip Shyatt, and Beverage Director Don Hernandez, TENN’s casual atmosphere encourages guests to unwind over great drinks, and savor regionally inspired classic American cuisine and iconic Southern dishes with contemporary techniques and seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. Dishes are heavily influenced by regional farmers, ranchers, anglers and artisanal purveyors. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Bar TENN – Overlooking the lobby is Bar TENN, where a performance stage is surrounded by built-in and informal seating for guests to enjoy live music. Guests can gather for honest American small bites with hints of Southern flare, accompanied by craft beer, classic cocktails or a glass of wine. Bar TENN is open to meet, greet and socialize from late morning until late night. In addition to a robust menu of bar offerings, specialty roasted coffee and espresso drinks are served all day long. Open daily at 11:00 a.m. until close.
• TENN on Top – Opening in March 2018, TENN on Top will offer dramatic city views from day until night. At sunset, regularly scheduled DJs and live music will transform the casual pool deck into an intimate lounge and nightlife destination. The rooftop bar offers a menu of hot and cold small plates and is stocked with bourbons, scotches and whiskeys carefully selected to showcase the unique qualities and flavor profiles of each spirit.
Meeting & Events
Holston House offers more than 2,200 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, which includes a boardroom and private rooftop room with floor-to-ceiling windows and balcony, leading out to the rooftop pool. All meeting rooms feature high-speed wired and wireless internet accessibility and will offer customized catering options.
Holston House is located at 118 7th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37203. Rates start at $250 per night. The hotel is accepting reservations via its website, www.holstonhousenashville.hyatt.com.
Published January 29, 2018
- Holston House debuts in Downtown Nashville, joining The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand
- HRI Properties Announces Financial Closing Joint Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Development Project in Downtown Indianapolis
- The Aloft Philadelphia Downtown housed inside the former Liberty Title & Trust Building has opened.